Hi again everyone!
Another mobile post here.
I finally finished a project for a friend/co-worker. This was actually my third attempt at layout and I was happy with the way it came out.
I did a post at the beginning of the summer where I made personalized cards for parents of a HS grad heading off to college. For those cards, I used school colors and a popular college abbreviation for stamping on the front of the card. After seeing those cards, she asked if I could make some cards for her son entering into his senior year of college.
It took me a while to find the right colors of cardstock. Second was the 'mascot' stamp. Now I could have done stamping with the university name or just 'bulldogs' in repeated stamping.. (maybe in a second iteration) but I *really* wanted to do a stamped version of the mascot.
I found a great bulldog from Art Impressions. Paper is from Michael's Recollections (smooth burgundy 12x12), Bazzill (Flintstone°° 8.5x11), white paper from my scrap pile. Inking done in Versamark (bulldog), Momento tuxedo black (sentiment). I also embossed the sentiment in snow embossing powder by Recollections.
I fussed with picking the sentiment and what type of front tag I wanted to use. I probably cut out each size and type from my Spellbinders just to test for shape and placement before settling on my final version. For the white border I traced the outside border and then fussy cut. Just writing that makes me think why I didn't just die cut using the larger die.. I guess I wanted extra work.. I did use my rectangle dies to cut out the front panels. That was such a life saver! Not pictured, I also die cut white copy/typing paper for the inside panel for a place to write.
As a finishing touch I wrapped the package in a leftover burgundy strip of cardstock and cut out a bulldog image from one of my practice scraps.
I hope you like it.
Thanks for stopping by!
°° will double check color. >> 7.28 edit: color was correct
Had some time to get back into creating. A co-worker has taken another job out of state, while we are sad to have him leave, we wish him the best!
This card was inspired by a video I saw on Ellen Hutson's you tube. I believe by the talented Julie Ebersole. I was just giddy when I saw the stamp set used because I have the same set! (i know.. it's the little things)
I bought this stamp set back in January of this year at the Scrapbook Expo. I made one or two cards out of it then and of course put it away.. until seeing this video.
This is actually my third take at this card. I used a mini ink blender for the background, momento ink for the stamping and a white saikura and safe distressed marker for the steepling (dots) for the background. I also sweeped a little bit of wink of Stella (clear) but doesn't come up on camera.
The card base is from a set a friend gave me. It is 5.5x5.5. A little thin in cardstock weight but still took the blending without tearing...
Thanks for stopping by!
I created this announcement for a friend. The fiancé is in the coast guard and the July Simon Says Card kit was perfect to make this announcement!
For the second card I used the May Simon Says Cart Kit. I lined the inside of my basic Recollections kraft envelope with the left over pattern paper. I made this card for a cousin who was having a bridal shower in recent weeks. Image not show (inside): to the beautiful bride. Congratulations!
Thanks again for stopping by!
Supplies: (both cards, unless where noted)
Recollections: Blue (I thought that the sticker had the technical name, but NO! I think it is called "naval" (card one)
Bazzill: Red Devil (card one)
My Mind's Eye: Fancy That Collection from the May Simon Says Card Kit (2015)(card two)
Momento: Danube Blue (card one), Lilac Roses (card two), Tuxedo black (card one)
Craft Smart:: Brick red (card one)
Studio g: Alphabet Stamp (card one)
Stamp Alphabet Number (card one)
SSS: Congratulations (card two)
SSS: Sailing (card one)
Distressed Marker: Barn door (card one)
Sakura Gelly Roll Pen: White (card one)
Zig: Wink of Stella (card one - on that tiny heart on the envelope)
Another mobile post...
I finally finished making some thank you cards for a friend.
of course I forgot to take pictures of the poppy set. they came out just lovely. more of red orange in range.
Once I finished the poppy set I wanted to try another flower set. I did a mock up before I got to stamping.. which is the picture above. Of course I also neglected to take a picture of the final version... sorry!
I really liked how both sets came out and I am sure to replicate them again for gifts.
Pinterest pinner. Cupcake eater. Book reader. Twitter-er